Twinkie Minion Makeover
Partnership with Spark Alliance
Coming out of bankruptcy Hostess was looking for a way to capture the attention of both Millennials and Moms to reinforce their comeback status.
The Thomas Group was tasked with developing a social media campaign and the associated packaging to reflect the tie-in with the popular Minions movie characters. Promotion focussed on the fun and playfulness of the Minions and the remarkable resemblance of a Minion to a Twinkie. This gave birth to the Twinkie Minions Makeover campaign.
- In-store displays
- Social media content strategy and development
- Digital ad development and media buys
- Digital support
- Website takeover
- 40,000 consumers created their own Twinkie Minions
- 70% increase in volume at Walmart during promotion
- Boosted by bloggers, the promotion garnered over 720,000 online impressions
- Won a Gold REGGIE Award and a Gold PRO Award for the promotion
- One of the Social posts inspired the next chapter in the Twinkie Minion story with the summer promotion — Take a Twinkie Minion Selfie